Jerry Guirguis interview Ella McHenry, Live-to-air on 96.5FM – Egyptian radio program [ 3rd February 2014, Melbourne-Australia ].
6:30pm - Our 3rd special guest tonight is Ella McHenry, a member of Tamara Co-op, producer of fine quality eating dates in central Australia.
The Desert Fruit Company is a producer of fine quality dates based south east of Alice Springs, in Central Australia. Owned by Tamara Cooperative, the Desert Fruit Company is a small, worker run enterprise committed to producing the best Australian table dates. Founded in 1991 by Jim & Trudi Luedi, today The Desert Fruit Company is run by five members of Tamara Cooperative and we’ll be talking to Ella McHenry on this annual harvest.
- The Desert Fruit Company is locally owned and has been operating in Alice Springs, Central Australia, since 1991;
- It is one of only two commercial date plantations in Australia;
- The plantation was established by Jim & Trudi Luedi in 1991 .
- Tamara Plantation is located 70km South East of Alice Springs, near the edge of the Simpson Desert;
- Over 700 Palm Trees originally imported from California (USA) in the 1990´s grow on the 100 hectare Tamara property;
- 9 varieties grow on the Farm, including the premium soft Medjool, the Barhee, the Khadrawi and the Halawi, as well as the dry Zahidi and Thory varieties;
Hi and Welcome ………………..
96.5FM – Egyptian radio show
0400 718 817
studio : 03 9457 1718