FOLLOWING A TWO WEEK BREAK
RETURNS ON SUNDAY 12 JANUARY at 7.30AM
DAVID SMALL is currently talking about a three-month journey that he took last year in the UK and France.
In this return episode, REMEMBERING WAR, EXPERIENCING PEACE, he talks of
- A stopover in LILLE in the Flanders region of Northern France.
- His return to London under the English Channel by bus.
- Visits to Epping Forrest and Elizabeth the First’s Hunting Lodge.
- Windsor Castle,
- The London Eye and
- Theatre Royal, Haymarket
- Boating in Northamptonshire.
Future episodes include –
- The ancient City of Shrewsbury
- A Sentimental Journey in Wales
- The Englishman who went up a hill and ... ...!
- Medieval Ightham (pronounced Item)
- A Service in St Paul’s Cathedral (London)
- The Museum of London
- A Night on the Streets of London
- From London to Carlisle
- From Carlisle to London to Manchester in one morning
- Carnforth Rail Station where Brief Encounter was filmed
- Talk about a town called Talke
- A canal-topping reservoir called Rudyard
- I get to drive a train
- My favourite Tudor House
- Nottingham and the Sherriff’s prison cells
- The smallest pub in England
- Henry VIII’s Dover castles.
- The day I lost my wallet
- The most miserable day in London
AND MUCH MORE